Friday, September 7, 2007

Bio


Hey, I'm Amanda. I'm 18, I'm a music fiend. I grew up in Brooklyn. If I'm happy, I'm in a city. My Zune is attached to my right hand. I still have my childhood teddy bear, he's sitting on my desk right now. I keep everything -- picks, little scraps of drawings I find on the floor, concert tickets, postcards, receipts. My favorite album of all time is The Guggenheim Grotto's "...Waltzing Alone." I like office supplies more than most.

I go to American University in Washington, DC. I'm an international relations major with a minor in Arab studies, but that's so I can pay my future bills. I help set up for concerts and films on-campus with the Student Union Board. I put my heart and soul into it. I've played bumper chairs with members of The Bravery, set up more lighting rigs than I can count, and gotten way too many bruises. I plan to open up my own music venue one day, and only book bands I respect. I don't think money and music should go together; just because something may "sell" doesn't particularly mean it's noteworthy or inspiring. We need more music like that.

I always have a vase of fresh flowers in my room, I love wandering around museums, and I write poetry. My therapy, besides listening to music of course, is painting. I like getting my hands dirty. I remember once I was painting with dark red paint and someone knocked on my door. I came to the door not realizing it was all over me. My best friend thought I had murdered someone. Don't worry, I'm a pacifist. I waitress at a local pizzeria. I love it. But then again, I'm passionate about whatever I do.

Oh, and if there's a thunderstorm, and you're in DC? Look around, and if you see a crazy-looking brunette dancing in it...well, that's me.









No comments: